Holiblog 4 - Goodbye, Alghero

In a few hours, I've got to get out my hotel, get to the airport, and board a plane. It's not the end, not quite, but it is an end. 

I've been on holiday in Alghero for the past week. It's a lovely coastal town in Sardinia, and I've grown a liking for it. It almost feels like every day, I've been forced to see a new side of the city, we always come back to the hotel by a different route. Maybe that's why I've liked it so much. The town itself, with its colourful concrete buildings and views of the sea, along with some pretty nice high streets with restaurants and clothes shops, is alright, too. Not sure if I could live here, but I could probably stay another week. Once I get back, I might attach photos of the town wall and the coast.

I'm saying all this right now because even though I really enjoyed Alghero, I'll probably not get a post written up on it. It's one of those places which is fascinating, but you can't exactly get yourself to write about on end. I also don't have loads of photos, but that's my problem. Besides, what's the harm in mentioning how lovely my holiday's been so far? I've barely spoken about it to this point. 

Thanks, Alghero, you've made this past week enjoyable. The weather's not been too bad, either, though it's been unbearably humid. Also, the beach could have been better, and your beachside rave set was a bit underwhelming. But I loved being here nonetheless. 

Comments