Additional Pictures from My Travels (and miniblogs on Mykonos and the Drinking Fountain Association)

For anyone curious, miniblogs will see me post something rather random yet also interesting at the same time. I've been told to post more pictures to my blog, so here are some that I didn't include on my previous blogposts - hope you enjoy! And yes, I might post even more in the future should there be greater demand.

Camping in Scotland










The first two photos are both from Ben Nevis, which I am proud to say I scaled last year. It took a couple of hours and left me rather tired with my feet hurting after all the walking, especially on the way down, but it was very worth it!


The third photo is a signpost at John O'Groats, which makes up part of the farthest distance possible on Great Britain between it and Lands End. Some might say it's the northernmost point in Britain - it's not, that's Dunnet Head, where I've also been. Check out my future non-existent "Places to See South of the Arctic Circle" post to read about it.




The Sutton Loop

Just the one photo - this cool looking signpost. I didn't include it because it wasn't really along the Sutton loop, rather outside it, but here it is if you're a PWLS (person who likes signposts - two in one blogpost? That's insane).

Signpost in Sutton town centre











The Colosseum and Rome in general

From the Colosseum there's a photo of the corridor around the stadium and a bust, whereas across Rome there's the Palatine Hill, the forum, the Roman skyline, the Pantheon ceiling, an iconic fountain, and a distant view of St Peter's Basilica and the Vatican. I might write up about these places in a future blogpost.

Ceiling of the Pantheon

Head bust in the Colosseum 

Palatine Hill from close up

Roman skyline from Forum
Night imagery of St Peter's Basilica over the River Tiber

Greece in general

You read my no-award winning blogpost on Ancient Thera (presumably) - here's a miniblog on a different part of Greece!

The island of Mykonos is well-known for its partying culture, yet is perhaps less known for its beautiful views, its windmill, and how pleasant the area itself is. When I left Greece, I was rather sad that the experience was over - a feeling I never get when leaving a place in South London, like Croydon. Probably because the island was actually one of the greatest places I've ever visited - even the transport was great (even if it was oversized buses trundling round narrow lanes and ferries for you to leave the place). The food was brilliant and I was able to try some souvlaki, which I very much enjoyed. The three photos below are from the tourism centre of Mykonos: 

 

Mykonos windmill
Stunning sunset on Mykonos
Leaving Mykonos on a water taxi...








The Horniman Museum

Here's more! Originally I was going to have a separate blogpost for this, but why not do everything in one fell swoop?



Streatham Common and the Streatham Stations

Yes, even this blogpost has one other photo, though it's a more recent one. I've even done some research on the picture (so two miniblogs. I'm spoiling you today!):

This is from the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association. The foundation still exists to this day as the Drinking Fountain Association, having been set up in 1859 to provide free drinking water for both humans and animals in general. As a result, you can find these in many places across London, such as this one on the eastern side of Streatham Common. Their work ranges from irrigation for villages to providing elephant pumps, now working internationally.


Comments