Miniblog - Photographing Birds

I've always found taking photos of birds to be unnecessarily difficult. Whenever you want to take a good photo of one up close, they start flying away and you can't take the photo. I could use a zoom lens and take a photo from a distance, but I find they make the picture too blurry, which I don't like aesthetically.

Birds are obviously not going to stop flying whenever someone approaches them - from an evolutionary standpoint, why should one let a predator come up close to them - so I guess I'll just need to either accept the zoom lens, or to be more patient. Then again, I've only just started taking photography seriously, so I shouldn't be too annoyed just yet.

I'll end by posting my favourite bird* photos, because not all of them are too blurry.

Swarm of birds in Streatham


Owl mural not too far from Addington
A more successful photo of pigeons in Wandsworth


Comments