Birthday Post

It happens to be my birthday today...so hopefully I'll have enough cake to pass the day. And I think I'll need it, I've got a test on fluids as well, though I shouldn't complain too much, how hard could it be? 

Compared to last year, I've probably talked about my birthday far more than usual, maybe because I'm approaching a more interesting age, maybe because I'm less miserable twelve months on. Either way, why should I mind? The cake's by far the best bit, that doesn't come about all too often. The previous birthday in my family was nine months before, so I'll happily take some. Obviously I won't take all of it.

There are many reasons why I should like this date - it's usually nice and warm on the 2nd May, it's almost at the midpoint between spring and summer, in fact it marks the passage of 1/3 of the year. And some great albums were released on this date - The Stone Roses' debut, Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order, and The Cure's Disintegration. Yes, they're much older than I am, but it's still a nice fact to remember. Sometimes it's even a bank holiday, but the next time that happens is in 2033.

To everyone else celebrating their birthday today, happy birthday and I hope you enjoy it much like I am; may the next year be even better. And may the cake be delicious, if you're having cake. 

Slight advertisement - I've started a new blog, called The Checklist Writer. It's going to mostly be about my thoughts on doing the A Level Maths exam soon, and the link is here: 

https://thechecklistwriter.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy!


Comments